[Diy_efi] Coils from Toyota/Lexus 1MZ-FE engine...

don.broadus at exeloncorp.com don.broadus at exeloncorp.com
Fri May 16 14:24:16 GMT 2003

The coils I have are Toyota  90919-02238 Denso from a 4cyl. DOHC engine that
was not in the car so I don't know what it is out of. If your looking at the
4 pin connector  Right to left

           ------
		4321
           ------
  1= +12 VDC
  2= power ground
  3= signal hi
  4=signal low
The connectors  I got have color codes   +12V black/silver dots   power
ground Black/yellow
signal hi  is different for each coil (green/red) or (Red/Black)or
(red/yellow) or Red/white) for 4 cyl. apps. signal low white/black   You can
tie power ground and signal ground together. The Smart coil will fire with a
pos going +5V pulse. With 15Hz square wave pulse you get great sparks with a
.060 gap plug. The smart coils draw 6.5 amps at 11.5 VDC from 15 HZ up to
10KHZ.  50 HZ  would be approx 6000 RPM.      Take Care