[Diy_efi] Chevy / Jaguar conversion spark knock

Mike Worley Mike.Worley at cae.com
Wed May 28 17:40:57 GMT 2003

I have been struggling with a resolving a spark knock in my now Chevy
powered Jaguar convertible.  The engine and computer / harness is from a
1991 Camaro.  Its a 305 TBI.  Even running at -4deg retard base timing I
still have spark knock upon even light acceleration (when warm).  The
sensor doesn't seem to catch it.  There are no error codes showing up
and I do seem to have some RPM drop when doing the bang on the block
test.  I wanted to remove the sensor but due to the close quarters I
cannot seem to break it free.  Its stamped steel construction doesn't
lend its self to much muscle and every thing seems to slip.  I have do a
spare and was wondering if there is alternate spot to mount it on the
Chevy block or intake???  I guess what's more important would be why is
knocking in the first place...  The engine runs strong, is tight, good
compression and only 45K miles.   Does anyone have the correct part
numbers for the sensor and associated signal conditioning amp for the
350 TBI engine.  I want to make sure the right parts are installed.

Mike
  _____

delivery of the message to such person) you may not use, copy, disclose
or deliver this message to anyone. If you have received this message in
error, kindly notify the sender by reply email or at the phone number
listed above, and then delete this message.