[Diy_efi] injector advance

Gary gas- at charter.net
Sat Aug 7 22:41:05 GMT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam Wade" <espresso_doppio at yahoo.com>
To: "A list for Do-It-Yourself EFI" <diy_efi at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 07, 2004 4:31 PM
Subject: RE: [Diy_efi] injector advance

> --- Bevan Weiss <kaizen__ at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The OE's are well aware that injecting straight into
> > the cylinder is the preferred way of doing it.
>
> How can that be, since almost no gas-powered vehicles
> produced today utilize GDI?  If manufacturers knew it
> was "best", then why are so few vehicles using it?

Wasn't it mentioned here recently.  Where is the financial
advantage to show you, what they have to offer, all at once?
It's similar, to ask the same question regarding new engine
breakin.  They KNOW what they are telling you to do, is NOT
the better way, at least for your engine, anyway.  Remember
what happened to Tucker?  Deception anyone?  :)   Conspiracy
theorist?  :shrug:  :)  Think it through.  When truth becomes
obvious, is it still theory?

> > There are of course issues with it using standard
> > injectors,
>
> GDI can never use anything like port-injection
> injectors.  Injection pressure is much higher,
> temperature tolerance and resistance to corrosion,
> heat, and carbonization are required, etc...

My guess would be, that was what the guy was alluding to.  :)

> > The only reason some have converted to P&H injectors
> > and sequential injection was to meet emissions...
>
> So you're claiming that gas mileage and off-idle and
> cold-strating drivability play no part in an OE's
> decision-making process?  Bunk.

Is driveability and mileage much different to speak of, comparing
batch to sequential?

GAS