[Diy_efi] injector advance

Gary gas- at charter.net
Tue Aug 10 02:21:15 GMT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam Wade" <espresso_doppio at yahoo.com>
To: "A list for Do-It-Yourself EFI" <diy_efi at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2004 6:44 PM
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] injector advance

> --- Gary <gas- at charter.net> wrote:
>
> > I consider it a case of Adam W. having his
> > distorted, second hand 'facts' confused,
>
> CAll him up and ask him yourself.  Shall I post a
> phone number for him?  Would you like home, cell, or
> office?

It is not HIS knowledge I am questioning, Adam.
This is a no brainer, at least in a great majority of
automotive applications.  It would take a good 5 minutes
to see that.  You wouldn;t even need to take the manifold
off the engine, for closer scrutiny, or measurements to see.
As a 'for instance',  the LTx variety of GM V8s had a decent
injector angle.  The LSx variety of V8s improved on that with
a more angled injector that actually required a 'cathedral'
shaped head port entrance to clear the injector/fuel shot.
It still doesn't inject fuel at the back of the valve.  I didn't
ever state there where NO exceptions, Adam.  I expect there
are exceptions.  I haven't personally seen EVERY engine
setup, so no way can I foolishly state there are NO
exceptions.  Anytime the injector is positioned at the head/
manifold mating surface, the odds are against you.  There
may very well be multi valve headed exceptions.

Anytime someone states something as fact, regardless
of where it came from, it is HIS tail if he doesn't verify the
info, not the person he/she supposedly got that info from .
That is just the way I view this Adam.  I don't believe
RC would actually be that inept to state that.   :shrug:

What does this entire dialog have to do with injector timing?
:scratching head:  I hope someone is finding entertainment
in this dialog.  For me, this isn't even fun anymore.  :(

> > Wonder if he put 'facts' such as this, in his
> > book, without verifying them first.
>
> *grins*  Gosh, think of the money you can make telling
> people I talk out my ass.  And when you run out of
> material with me, you can switch to politics...

If the shoe fits...  BTW, you don't wanna get me stated on
politics.  :)
> > Posters that don't clean up or clip their replies,
> > lack discipline as well.
>
> Like you?  :D
Are you questioning my discipline, or post clipping?

GAS