[Diy_efi] Info about GM Ecotec engine

lmarcus2 at juno.com lmarcus2 at juno.com
Wed Dec 1 04:03:41 GMT 2004

Hello,

I'm a 10th grader doing a project for an engineering competition, and I need some advice on how to modify the GM Ecotec engine's fuel system to acomodate ethanol fuel. I am have been told that increasing the pulse-width on the injectors will result in the increased flow that is necessary for an stoichiometric ethanol combustion. Are there others ways of acomplishing increased fuel flow? And what are some software programs that would allow modifications to be made to the fuel system. Any advice or suggestions in this area would be extremely helpful because I am new to all of this. Thank you,

Ben Marcus