[Diy_efi] RE: '94 TBI Help!

RogeranCarol rogerancarol at cox.net
Wed Dec 8 14:34:38 GMT 2004

--===============5258025364345742==

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C4DCEF.89F16690

Clayton:
The '94 K1500 Chevy pickup has a 23-pin connector under the dash, near =
the ECM, that acts as an interface between the ECM and the instrument =
panel (I/P), VSS buffer module (module), fuel injectors, and assembly =
line diagnostic link connector (ALDL). This "interface" connector  =
supplies 12v to the ECM and to the injectors during start and run, via =
the ignition sw. Pin-J (pink/blk) supplies 12v to the ECM and pin-h =
(red) supplies 12v to the injectors. Other ckts interfaced through this =
connector are tach (pin-A), system ground (pin-B), upshift indicator =
(pin-D), ALDL ckts (pins-E,F,&B), service engine light (pin-G), and VSS =
buffer ckts (pins-L,M,&N).

Constant 12v supply to the ECM is from a fuse link connected to a large =
terminal board on the fire wall on the passenger side of the truck. This =
ckt is buried in the main ECM harness going directly to the ECM through =
the fire wall.  The start signal (12v) from the ignition sw. to the =
starter goes through the fire wall jack on the driver's side, as does =
engine temp gauge and alternator control signals (light/gauge).

Best source for all evolved wiring is the factory manual for the year of =
engine configuration desired. I have the '94 C/K truck manual NATP-9442 =
"Drivability, Emissions, and Electrical diagnosis Manual. It thoroughly =
discusses both the ECM (manual trans) and the PCM (auto trans) =
applications in great detail. It is worth every penny if doing an engine =
trans plant like I did--'94 5.7L TBI into '88 Jeep Cherokee.
------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C4DCEF.89F16690

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Clayton:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The '94 K1500 Chevy pickup has a 23-pin =
connector=20
under the dash, near the ECM, that acts as an interface between the ECM =
and the=20
instrument panel (I/P), VSS buffer module (module), fuel injectors, and =
assembly=20
line diagnostic link&nbsp;connector (ALDL). This "interface"=20
connector&nbsp;&nbsp;supplies 12v to the ECM and to the injectors during =
start=20
and run, via the ignition sw. Pin-J (pink/blk)&nbsp;supplies 12v to the =
ECM and=20
pin-h (red) supplies 12v to the injectors. Other&nbsp;ckts interfaced =
through=20
this connector are tach (pin-A), system ground (pin-B), upshift =
indicator=20
(pin-D), ALDL ckts (pins-E,F,&amp;B), service engine light (pin-G), =
and&nbsp;VSS=20
buffer ckts (pins-L,M,&amp;N).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Constant 12v supply to the ECM is from =
a fuse link=20
connected to a large terminal board on the fire wall on the passenger =
side of=20
the truck. This ckt is buried in the main ECM harness going directly to =
the ECM=20
through the fire wall. &nbsp;The start signal (12v) from the ignition =
sw. to the=20
starter goes through the fire wall jack on the driver's side, as does =
engine=20
temp gauge&nbsp;and alternator control signals =
(light/gauge).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Best source for all evolved wiring is =
the factory=20
manual for the year of engine configuration desired. I have the '94 C/K =
truck=20
manual NATP-9442 "Drivability, Emissions, and Electrical diagnosis =
Manual. It=20
thoroughly discusses both the ECM (manual trans) and the PCM (auto =
trans)=20
applications in great detail. It is worth every penny if doing an engine =
trans=20
plant like I did--'94 5.7L TBI into '88 Jeep=20
Cherokee.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C4DCEF.89F16690--