[Diy_efi] wiring suppliers

frederic frederic at midimonkey.com
Thu Dec 9 16:28:13 GMT 2004

> Also check out www.waytek.com they have it all too.  I bought a fuse box
> for my rig from them.

Waytek is good for wiring, for sure.

The cheapest way to do the fuse box thing is to rip one out of an 80's to
early 90's GM car, and use a small screwdriver underneath to release all
the spades that are in the block, and yank them out with the short wire
tails from your cutting it out.

Then reload it with spades and new wire at whatever length you like.  The
advantage of this aside from it being cheap, is the fuse box is labeled
for "Wipers" and "radio" and such, so down the road you can easily
remember what is what.  Also, the ignition buss and battery feed buss
already existing, making it even easier to wire up.

I prefer GM boxes, but by no means are you limited.  Some of the larger
SUV's from different makers have very large fuse boxes with more fuses,
breakers and relays that one could ever really use.  Good choice there as
well.

For my 93 F350, which will be rewired GM style, I'm using a Caddy STS box
on the inside, and a caddy STS relay box on the outside.  I snagged it
with the wiring that goes between with the connectors on them, and only
had to replace the distribution circuits that feed accessories and such,
the link between them is still intact.  Makes it that much easier to
install.