[Diy_efi] More info on running ethanol

Mike V diyefi at enzoco.com
Fri Dec 10 14:59:14 GMT 2004

At 07:44 PM 12/9/2004 -0500, you wrote:

>thanks for all of your suggestions about the modifications I should make
>to the fuel system for my project engine. My next question is: If I choose
>to use larger injectors, will the ECU still have to be re-calibrated?
>Thanks for the help,

If you are using port injection and planning to run straight methanol, you
might consider moving the injector location farther away from the intake
valve.  It doesn't atomize as readily as gasoline or gas/ethanaol blends.
This raw "solvent" (methanol) tends to wash the oil from the top of the
cylinder walls, when it arrives in liquid/droplet form,
resulting in extremely short top ring life.
Mike V