[Diy_efi] 94 fuel pressure

Bobby Yates Emory liberty1 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 01:39:11 GMT 2004

Clayton,

Diesel and gas don't mix - the latest diesel injection system are
conceptually more like the gas, in that they use a fuel log kind of
like what is on a gas engine.  But the details are totally different.
(I use Gmail for email and it put an ad next to your post.  The
article referenced was about a new Mercedes diesel with 1600 bar
injection pressures - about 24,000 psi.  They are now using piezzo
injectors rather than solenoid and are injecting 5 times per power
event.)

I remember gas injection pressures being about 70 psi.

Perhaps you are talking about max input pressure to the lift pump on
Powerstrokes.  I have heard that they don't like anything over 12.

Are you building a diesel or gas?

Or maybe I missed the point?

Good luck,
Bobby

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:34:56 -0800, Clayton Martiniuk
<wildwood at aptalaska.net> wrote:

> Trying to chase down something that I had heard about later throttle bodies
> needing higher pressure, something like 24 psi instead of 12. As I had a
> deisel before i'm using an inline pump, but not sure which to buy. Have
> heard of some early ford CFI inline pumps used for this application. Does
> anyone know anything about this?

Toward freedom,

Bobby Yates Emory