[Diy_efi] Anyone messed with Mazda 323 ECUs?

Bobby Yates Emory liberty1 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 19:23:55 GMT 2004

Grant,

If you find any info, I hope you publish it back here.

I have a 1991 Mercury Capri.  The name sounds totally different and
the body looks totally different from yours, but the underlying works
are the same.

You probably know this, but the Capri came in a turbocharged version.
It might be possible to find a turbocharger in  a junkyard and stay
within your budget. (Usual cautions - watch out for compression ratio
and chip differences.)

Good luck with the Challenge,
Bobby

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 09:44:29 -0500 (EST), Grant Beaty <gbeaty at ufl.edu> wrote:
> I know its a long shot, but I thought I'd ask. We are messing with
> a 1.8L SOHC non-turbo for the Grassroots Challenge. I haven't seen
> the ECU yet, but I am hoping it has an external ROM chip I can
> mess with.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Grant

Toward freedom,