[Diy_efi] checksums & others

- titkoscim at maffia.hu
Wed Dec 29 12:56:23 GMT 2004

Hi,

thx for the answers on the checksum thing. That bypass code is a help
for me, the engineering mode would be, but w/o knowing which byte it is,
it's more mess to find than work around I think.
I think the main reason to use the checksum is to verify the data, like
in old computers, haha :) the hack protection is just a side effect, at
least as long as the check happens only at boot time.

I'm wondering how can I find RPM signal value in the memory, do I have
to understand the whole code, or is there some other tricky way? That's
why I asked if OBD is capable of suppliing this kind of information.
I'm not much interested in incoming data logging, but memory dumping
itself, like on C=64 with an action replay, one could freeze, look at
memory, then go on, freeze again, look at again, and it was possible to
find where certain data is stored in the memory. This is what interests
me, like RPM data. If I'm right these will be in the first 256 bytes
(M6800 architecture) at least the addressing modes suppose this... So,
I'm not interested in sensor outputs, but memory addresses where the ecu
stores these information...

tom