[Diy_efi] IAC Counts and EGR during tuning...

Mike Frels mfrels at ix.netcom.com
Thu Dec 30 13:29:25 GMT 2004

After months of chasing ghosts I am finally getting to spend some time
tuning my prom to work properly with the engine I swapped into my car last
spring. I have two questions for anyone that is taking time out from
x-mas/new year holidays to watch the list and might have the answers for me.

I am running an AUJP prom in a '730 for my basically stock Vortec headed
L98 motor. I fitted the engine with Accel #24 injectors. I am working on
the VE tables trying to get my BLMs down from the 155-160 range they were
sitting in. While doing this should I disable EGR?

Two other bits of data I am wondering about. At idle my IAC counts are
running in the 50-60 range. I always thought they should be less than this.
What should they be? Also while making changes and scans yesterday I
noticed that my coolant temperature was running in 190-210F. My Manifold
Air Temperature was running 110-120F. The outside ambient during these runs
was 60-70F. This high of a MAT reading seems odd even though the sensor is
in the bottom of the plenum. Is it? What is the MAT temperature used for?

BTW Happy Holidays to everyone...

Mike