[Diy_efi] Re: Plumbing - EFI conversion

Chris Carson ccarson2 at prodigy.net
Sun Feb 1 05:07:22 GMT 2004

Well, I'm going to be doing this on an 87 Cutlass, so the filler neck
probably won't work with the Monte tank, meaning cutting it off and using a
piece of rubber and worm clamps with a Cutlass neck??? (No way in Hell am I
going to attempt to weld on a fuel tank...)
Well, you're lucky, they want $100 for a Monte tank at the local
junkyard...the only one I was able to find a Monte EFI tank in! Without
sending unit, $60. What's the part number for that sending unit? I may get
that tank now after all, since that low-pressure fuel pump kinda defeats my
purpose of an easy install! Thought I'd just be able to plumb an external
Ford pump with one of those surge tanks and be done. Two pumps makes it much
more complex.
Chris