[Diy_efi] Injector duty cycle meter

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Tue Feb 3 07:10:54 GMT 2004

31 Jan 04 mlschmidt at sprintmail.com writes:
> Does anyone know of any information on making a similar
> meter for measuring injector duty cycle?

> Mike

If you only want duty cycle, a far simpler approach would
work on saturated injectors.  Note the drive voltage (like
12V), then filter the applied voltage into a dc meter (an
analog might be better, since it will be changing a lot).
If you get 3V average, your duty cycle is 3/12 = .25, or
25%.

A    P + H injector would need a buffer, or take your signal
from the driver input, best of all.

I wonder if a dwell meter would work, in reverse (reads
off time).  Lets try it.

Bruce Roe