[Diy_efi] Re: Problem Reading '730 BINs...

Mike Frels mfrels at ix.netcom.com
Wed Feb 11 01:19:45 GMT 2004

Bill,

Thanks for listening and responding. Please forgive me if I am not glib in programming speak. It is not my trade. I just do this to be able to improve my car. Anyway... when I do a checksum of the loaded bin in buffer it shows 8100 with a compliment of 7F00. Checksum of the device shows E600 with a compliment of 1A00. What else can I provide that would be of use?

BTW I have attempted to read the bins of other eproms I have for a '730 ECM and they all flunk the compare. The error will be at different locations but the consistency is they all get an error.

What should the range for a 27C256 show? 7FFF?

Mike