[Diy_efi] Sequential FI

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Sat Feb 14 16:14:32 GMT 2004

There is no conflict between sequential EFI and a distributor, but you
will need some kind of cam sync.  My 79 Cadillac (stock 5.7L Olds
port injection) came with a special distributor.  It had 2 outputs to
fire
2 groups of injectors in batch.  I used one of these and dist. ignition
pulses to operate an aftermarket sequential ECU (SPARKDOG).

I doubt the mileage difference will be noticable, I wanted idle quality
and low emissions.

Bruce Roe