[Diy_efi] 99 Corvette Fuel Filter+Regulator?

clair.davis at charter.net clair.davis at charter.net
Fri Feb 20 04:01:20 GMT 2004

In the April, 04 issue of Mopar Muscle Magazine, they cover the construction
of a 1970 Challenger convertible with a new 5.7L Hemi engine.  In
fabricating the new fuel system, they chose to use a 1999 Corvette fuel
filter that has a built-in fuel pressure regulator & return line fitting.
First, I think that's a very tidy option for avoiding an in-tank regulator.
Second, I think that's probably a dang expensive fuel filter.  Anyone have
any experience with this little jewel?  Other than running a dead-end fuel
supply line with the associated heat-soak issues, does anyone see any other
problems with this arrangement?

Clair