[Diy_efi] Continuous VVT system

Mos mos at sydney.net
Tue Jan 6 14:04:00 GMT 2004

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Alexei Pavlov wrote:

> > Hm.  I haven't seen Toyota's system...  What markets
> > is it in?  I'd love to have a look at it.
>
> On recent Lexus. Named VVT-i or VVT-L I believe.

I believe the original question was about variable valve lift. As far as
I'm aware it is only available on the 2ZZ-GE engine, fitted to various
versions of the celica, corolla and mr2 (1.8L, 4cyl). No Lexus has VVTL-i
to my knowledge - although either all, or most, these days have VVT-i.

Variable valve lift is designated by VVTL-i. Continuously variable valve
with fixed lift is VVT-i, and just plain two stage variation is VVT.

Bill Sherwood has a webpage about the honda and toyota systems at:
http://www.billzilla.org/ -> Car index page -> the toyota vvt system etc
-> vvtl-i (bottom of page).

Mos.

--
78 KE50, 84 AE86, 90 ST185GrpA, 91 MX83Gr, Sydney, Oz.