[Diy_efi] About MAP sensing and it's jitter

Tomas Sokorai Sch. tsokorai at xperts.cl
Mon Jan 12 18:06:39 GMT 2004

Hi!
Anybody knows how much (KPa, inHg, etc.) should the MAP signal jump at idle
with a totally stock 1975 Ford 302?. I know that engines with radical cams
get heavy MAP jumping at idle, but I'm getting this after I installed my
ignition project prototype on "datalog-only" mode (info about my project:
http://www.sokorai.cl/camioneta/IGN_ECU_en.html) .
I know that the signal is clean, as all the other sensors read OK (RPM from a
hall pickup, battery voltage, and CTS), and when reading baro (engine not
running) , it's very steady).
I'm starting to worry engine valvetrain problems instead of my
circuit's....  :(

TIA

--
Tomas J. Sokorai Sch.
Socio director, Gerente Proyectos Especiales