[Diy_efi] About MAP sensing and it's jitter

Alexei Pavlov alexis.pavlov at st.com
Wed Jan 14 14:20:39 GMT 2004

Hi,

I did not succeed to see you signal images. Even if you got better
signals afterwards I'd like to see the following:
The question is: do you want to see real pressure or do you
want to use average cycle pressure to manage the engine ?
Probably the second. In this case you need a correct sampling
of intake pressure oscillations. You must sample at a frequency
you've choosen and low-pass filter higher frequencies.
Then the CPU will compute the average pressure of 1 engine cycle.

If you use higher frequency sampling you'll always get unstable
signal, as cylinders are all different and intake system has its
proper frequencies.

>From my experience with rather high overlap and very low overlap engines
I'd say you'll get more inter-cycle oscillations when WOT or at high
RPM.