[Diy_efi] going sequentail on a 2-stroke?

joeld joeld at ualberta.ca
Mon Jan 26 00:09:27 GMT 2004

Hello,

I am new to the list. I have designed and built my own billet 2-stroke
cylinders that envolve one injector located in the cylinder wall of each
cylinder as well as a supercharger. The engine is a 600cc twin with 180 degree
offset between cylinders.

We are using a DTA controller. This particular controller will not be
sequential in its 2-stroke mode but it has a 4-stroke sequential mode. This
got me to thinking, why not set it up in 4-stroke sequential and use 4
injector leads to run two injectors? Thus giving me the ability to go
sequential and having the correct number of injections of fuel in relation to
crankshaft rpm.

In case I haven't made my thoughts clear, this would be running two injecor
leads to one injector. Only one will be firing at any single time though. The
obvious question is, will this destroy the ECU?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Joel Day
4th Yr. B.Sc. Min Eng