[Diy_efi] conversion questions

Michael michaelp.h at charter.net
Thu Jan 29 03:04:40 GMT 2004

Hi, I am new to the list, and am putting a 91 Vette engine (complete)
into a 67 Camaro. I need some advice on what all I need to do this.
Here's my thinking, please giveme pointers (either links to projects or
reply).

Fuel delivery - I plan to put a 69 Camaro sending unit in my stock tank
that has a return line, plumb 7/16 line from tank to EFI, and use stock
3/8 as return.

Fuel pump - need to know what reccommendations there are for inline
pump.

Harness - what models o F_body work for the 91 Vette setup? I have seen
87 TPI MAF setup, but understand it wont work - what is reccommendation
here? New Aftermarket units are out of my budget.

Computer - I'd like to use the 727 Vette unit, are connectors that go on
the 730 compatible, what changes are required to adapt?

Throttle linkage - cabled from later model or Camaro 6-cyl (available
new)

ENgine relates - I know, this is the EFIlist, but some have addressed
this I'm sure -

I am planning to use the stock 91 vete flywheel with my orig muncie and
bell housing - what is required to adapt the original style to the later
model flywheel / one piece rear seal? Can I use original style 10-1/2
clutch?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Michael H.
North Richland Hills TX