[Diy_efi] GMC 747 and Ford duraspark

Chris Carson fastcarson at prodigy.net
Sat Jul 17 05:44:28 GMT 2004

W body is the FWD mid-sizes: Monte Carlo, Cutlass Supreme, Regal, Lumina,
etc. Most had the same nameplates as the 80s RWD midsizes(G-bodies.)
Here's a complete list of all applications for 1227727, taken from Ludis's
great site (http://www.cruzers.com/~ludis/p4xref.html, bookmark it)
1990-92 2.5 L4 TBI "R" LR8 ("W" body)
1988-89 2.8 V6 PFI "W" LB6 ("W" body)
1989-93 3.1 V6 PFI "T" LH0 ("W" body)
1989-90 3.1 V6 PFI turbo "V" LG5
1990-91 5.7 V8 TPI "8" L98 ("Y" body)
The turbo application is for 89-90 Grand Prix Turbo (they made those!), fat
chance of finding one in the 'yarde, same goes for "Y" body (Corvette.). But
the W-bodies are everywhere.

Refer to here to find out more body codes:
http://www.diy-efi.org/gmecm/faq/body_codes.html
...of course they list G-body as a fullsized van! well, maybe so, but I'd
much rather cruise in a Grand National than a child-molester van ;)
Chris