[Diy_efi] Hydrogen Powered Vehicle

Bobby Yates Emory liberty1 at deltaforce.net
Mon Jul 19 02:42:58 GMT 2004

Rob,

If you want to pursue this, BMW has built several 7 series hydrogen cars
and set up a refueling point (in Munich, I assume).  If you can find a
technical article about this, it will give you an idea of what you
would be facing - is was in the news about a year ago.

I agree with the poster that it was probably more than DIYer would want
to do.

For instance, you would need to determine the amount of H that you would
need to fill a cylinder (along with the air).  Then you would need to
flow test your injectors to see what pressure you would need to get
that flow in the time available.  Then you could program the chip to be
open the right amount of time.

Remember, all the experts thought heavier than air flight was
impossible. Except two bicycle mechanics.

Bobby

Quoting "Robert.H.Warren-1" <robwarren at ou.edu>:

> Hi all,
> I'm new to the list, but have been trying to figure
> out what it would take to convert a car to run on
> hydrogen.  I thought it might be similar to
> Natural Gas, but I wanted to ask some experts, if
> they thought maybe a fuel injection system would
> work with a modified EPROM. Or something like that.
>
> Just a thought,
> -Rob
> >=)

Toward Freedom,