[Diy_efi] Hydrogen Powered Vehicle

Dave Williams ronin at aristotle.net
Sun Jul 25 14:04:20 GMT 2004

J Creech wrote:

> Actually, I've read an "analysis" on the disaster - it wasn't the Hydrogen in the gasbags that
> caused the near-instantaneous conflagration - rather it was the metal and graphite *paint* that was
> sealing the gasbags (and gave the dirigible its silver coloration) that acted more along the lines
> of rocket fuel or a gunpowder fuse.

  The usual theory is that it was a bomb.  No matter what the reason,
the Zeppelins were in commercial passenger service for FORTY YEARS, and
the Hindenburg was the only one that burned, excepting the ones the
German military had converted to bombers, and were shot down during WWI.

  The safety record of the Zeppelins is unmatched by any
heavier-than-air craft.  More than one jumbo jet has gone down in flames
or pieces.

--
===ronin at aristotle.net (Dave Williams)==============================
== waiting, anticipating / for someone to save her soul / well, I ==