[Diy_efi] Exhaust Back pressure sensor

Dave Williams ronin at aristotle.net
Mon Jul 26 00:49:28 GMT 2004

paul w wrote:

> Anyone know where I can buy an exhaust backpressure sensor that I can
> feed into a data acquisition system?

  An ordinary 2-bar GM MAP sensor ought to work.  Drill a 3/8" hole in
the pipe, cross-thread in a 1/4" NPT to 1/8" tubing compression fitting
(mechanical oil pressure sender fitting), then use at least a foot of
1/8" copper tubing or brake line before you attach the rubber hose.

  Tyrannosaurus RX's mechanical gauge reads zero for normal driving, and
around 9 PSI at WOT, four barrel open, in the 4000 RPM range.  Not bad
for a 302 and single 2" exhaust.

--
===ronin at aristotle.net (Dave Williams)==============================
== waiting, anticipating / for someone to save her soul / well, I ==