[Diy_efi] Lucas Hotwire checksums

Davis Performance Landys P/L bdplpl at igreen.net
Mon Jul 26 08:21:50 GMT 2004

Hello to all as I have just joined this list. I am a computer programmer
and ex-mechanic who is currently adapting the Rover Lucas Hotwire ECU
(14CUX with what appears to be a ZC93116CP Motorola processor) for use in
an old series 3 Land Rover. I have built an EPROM emulator and have written
simple software to allow me to edit the fuel maps successfully.My problem
is that when I 'burn' a chip (m27c256b) and install it I am getting 'ROM
memory error' when the car is run. The vehicle runs OK but occasionally
plays up after the error is thrown. I am sure this is a checksum error and
know that it is likely that the algorithm to calculate it is proprietary.
Does anyone have any information regarding this.