[Diy_efi] Spike? on tach line.

Peter Jonasson jonasso at mcmaster.ca
Wed Jun 2 15:10:02 GMT 2004

Mark

Being as this is a boat installation I would check all the ground =
points.=20

You may be running into a strange ground loop problem, so do not assume =
that
all motor connections are on a common ground. A star ground approach may
solve your problem. Connect all the grounds to a common source, usually
close to the negative of the battery. Try to avoid looping ground wires =
from
one point to another.=20

Question, does the fuel pump run continuously or does it fire up on =
demand?
Maybe the pulse you are seeing is an inductive kick from something else
turning on and off.

Regards... Peter=20
"There are 3 types of Engineers..."
"Those that can count... and those that can't"