[Diy_efi] Re: Motronic checksum

glogovacs at yahoo.co.uk glogovacs at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 11 00:06:34 GMT 2004

Yes, I have an EPROM programmer... but all the software can do is calculate
the additive checksum of the bin file. Now, a question - is it enough to
have additive checksum corrected to stock, to have bin file 'approved' and
running? I;ve read somewhere that Motronic makes XOR checksum as well.. is
that true?

ECUs I am talking about have 27256 EPROMs... since they are considerably
larger than 2732 chips used in older Motronic boxes, can I consider I am
having post '88 units?

With regards,
Nick.