[Diy_efi] Newbie Saying Hello!

Robert Calhoun peerless at linuxmail.org
Tue Jun 22 03:43:15 GMT 2004

Hello Robert,

My name is also Robert so lets see if we can get confused:-) Regarding the ECU Mods there was a thread last week concerning this. It did have some snippets of info about the last few bytes of the code but no real breakthrough
information as I remember.

As for me I own an 85 325e that I am looking to do some mods to as well. I have been seriously investigating a
Programmable Fuel Injection Unit. Its called MegaSquirt (Name is kinda cheesy) Its a home brewed project that
you build yourself. It does have a lot of functionality. If you know code and are good at electronics the sky is the limit becuase everything is open source basically. They have a good message board that is active as well as 100+ cars that have been converted. There are several BMW's as well but not E30's :-( Heres some links:

The Forum:
http://www.msefi.com/
Main:
http://www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html
The 411:
http://www.megasquirt.info/index.html

There was also a thread started about this unit which is very bitchen but somewhat costly but still not bad.
I was pretty impressed by what I saw and read on the site.

http://www.ontronic.ch/index.html

Also checked out your site, looks good.

Good luck,
Robert Calhoun