[Diy_efi] am i destroying my 749 ecm?

lou trapane lout at epix.net
Thu Mar 11 15:04:10 GMT 2004

hello all

I just got my truck out of the garage and need some advice.  I am using
a 749 sunbird ecm to fire 2 injectors in my GM TBI.

first...the GM tbi uses the P&H style injectors corrcet?  I am only
driving two(of course)injectors-- one from each injector output.  Am I
overheating or destroying anything?

second...i am going to use two tbi's to feed my roots blower so i need
to drive 4 total--can i just wire 2 injectors to each of the ecm's
drivers?  I have the parts to build an injector driver board sitting on
my bench  will i need this?  I read a few places where the 749 can drive
4 P&H injectors stock..is this for real?

third...what do the injector jumpers on the 749 do for me?  it shows in
the 749 pinout to have them connected together.   I currently have them
connected togther(the proper wires together of course) and the whole
thing seems to run just fine.

thank you for your time
lou trapane

--