[Diy_efi] New Guy

Manson, Tom Tom.Manson at danahermotion.com
Tue Mar 23 15:59:42 GMT 2004

--===============19819756113562281==

------_=_NextPart_001_01C410EE.E2900488

Hi, I'm new to this list. I own three late model Chrysler products that =
all have OBDII and I want to be able to troubleshoot these babies to the =
Nth degree. My daughter is starting college this year, that means I will =
not be buying any new cars soon! I have an Actron scan tool, but all it =
does is give the error codes and allows you to clear them. Like it's one =
step better than a blinking MIL. So I need something where I can hook up =
and get good stuff like sensor output voltages, be able to control =
actuators, etc. I've seen software/cables for laptops and PDA's. Actron =
has a model CP9145 that supposedly gives you that capability. I build =
computerized electronic test and control systems for a living, so this =
stuff is right up my alley. Any opinions out there? What are my options? =

=20
Thanks, Tom Manson
Rockford, IL

------_=_NextPart_001_01C410EE.E2900488

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">

<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4926.2500" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D557480715-23032004><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi, =
I'm new to this=20
list. I own three late model Chrysler products that all have OBDII and I =
want to=20
be able to troubleshoot these babies to the&nbsp;Nth degree. My daughter =
is=20
starting college this year, that means I will not be buying any new cars =
soon! I=20
have an Actron scan tool, but all it does is give the error codes and =
allows you=20
to clear them. Like it's one step better than a blinking MIL.&nbsp;So I =
need=20
something where I can hook up&nbsp;and get good stuff like sensor output =

voltages, be able to control actuators, etc. I've seen software/cables =
for=20
laptops and PDA's. Actron has a model CP9145 that supposedly&nbsp;gives =
you=20
that&nbsp;capability. I build computerized electronic test and control =
systems=20
for a living, so this stuff is right up my alley. Any opinions out =
there? What=20
are my options? </FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D557480715-23032004><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D557480715-23032004><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>Thanks, Tom=20
Manson</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D557480715-23032004><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>Rockford,=20
IL</FONT></SPAN></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C410EE.E2900488--