[Diy_efi] EFI for small 4 cyl ??

Marcell Gal cell at x-dsl.hu
Wed Mar 31 00:12:45 GMT 2004

Hi Rick,

> All I really need is 4 injectors and the sensors and a totally
programmable management unit.

the most advanced opensource ECM:
http://www.squirrelpf.com/msavr/index.php?page=GenBoardIamInterested

Very simple to get started, since for the basic engine tuning
 it is compatible with the MegaTune that the motorola MegaSquirt also uses
(and Lance's MegaManual describes).
The difference is that when you need advanced but often
desirable stuff (LCD, WBO2, multiple outputs,
dwell-based ignition control etc..) you don't need to spend hundreds of
dollars more and do integration yourself.

> Pretty sure I can do the rest (I have access to lathe, shaper, drillpress,
TIG welder, etc).
> Probably have to adapt a throttle body from the junkyard.
> Anyway.. any comments ???

high pressure fuel pump and fuel return line too

have fun,
    Marcell