[Diy_efi] Hi and JECS injector question

Lorcan Parnell lorcan at 750turbo.com
Sat May 1 08:01:35 GMT 2004

Thanks Bevan,

What I am trying to do is reasonably cheaply add some form of "mappability"
to my stock peak-and-hold system by adding a Powercommander which is the
motorcycle industry standard device for altering the pulse width.
Unfortunately the PC is only available for modern bikes which all have
saturated circuits (as far as I know).

Looks like I'll try resistors and see how I get on. The manual says to test
the injectors with a 3v battery (not 12v) so maybe they will open ok with
resistors in line and I can map out any slowness in response time, which I
would have to do anyway if I bought high impedance injectors.

Lorc