[Diy_efi] Momomotronic lambda terror

mbelloli at speedymotorsports.com mbelloli at speedymotorsports.com
Sun Nov 21 00:33:33 GMT 2004

     I would agree with Dana. Many times I've seen these kind of readings
from a lamda sensor.  Well This is what You'd see if you were looking
at it like the computer does, using a scan tool.  An open ground to
the EGO sensor will end up leaving nothing but the signal originated
from the computer on the signal line.  It will appear to switch back
and fourth dramatically, because the voltage is sitting right on the
threshold of rich/lean reading.  In fact the computer is not getting
any input from the EGO at all because the circuit is not completed to
ground in the computer.  A reall good way to test this is take the
signal wire leading to the lamda sensor and with the key on engine
off, hold that wire in one hand while touch the positive and negative
battery terminals of the battery with a finger of the other hand.
Use yourself as the tool.  And watch the lamda gauge you have.  It
should be very clearly moving to full rich, and to full ean reading.
If not the path to ground path is missing.

Good Luck,

Marcello