[Diy_efi] GM EFI ECU Question....

Tim Eichhorn tim.eichhorn at cox.net
Thu Oct 14 12:14:17 GMT 2004

Tim,

The answer is "not easily".  That ECU (its either MEFI3 or MEFI4) has =
not
been widely available or very popular and therefore has not been =
"cracked"
by tunercat or others. It would not be economical for them to do so =
either;
there are just not that many cars w/ this ECU on them (other than those =
with
the Ramjet 350 installed). There are people who can reprogram it. I'll =
give
you some names if you need. It was developed originally for marine
applications. The only software that I know of is called "Ingenious Pro" =
and
cost some serious cash (~$2K).

V/r

Tim