[Diy_efi] New/old guy

william.j.henning at us.army.mil william.j.henning at us.army.mil
Thu Oct 21 21:53:54 GMT 2004

--Boundary_(ID_p87wQvB9oWA4f8LIbfwJUA)

I'm a muscle car fanatic and I love the Q-jet.  Years ago I purchased a Hanes manual on rebuilding a Q-jet and I still use it today.  It has some great information on modifying it for high performance applicaions.  Give the manual a try and see how it works for you.  Hope this helps.  I'm also interested in seeing some postings on your '66.  I'm presently lurking w/ a '69 Firebird project (Pontiac 455 w/ twin turbos).

--Boundary_(ID_p87wQvB9oWA4f8LIbfwJUA)

--Boundary_(ID_Is6nmdxWCOvpopzhKDm1Jw)

for the short term to get the Q-jet running right, getting a carb kit for it
from a big block app should get you close as far as needle sizes...  usually
if they are rebuilt and cleaned, they seem to be pretty forgiving as far as
carbs go... Much easier to tune than a holley!