[Diy_efi] Re: water injection

Bill Washington bill.washington at nec.com.au
Fri Oct 22 00:26:53 GMT 2004

I ran a 2litre, naturally aspirated, carburated engine with with water
injection for over 200000Km (~1982- ~1995).
I didn't notice any power change, fuel economy may have improved
slightly - ~9litres/100km normal consumption achieved - it was a Peugeot
504 station waggon, so it was a sizable body for the engine.
I had to rebuild the engine at about 400000Km due to head corrosion (- a
repair shop had not put inhibiter in the coolant, resulting in a blown
head gasket!)
When I pulled the head off the chambers and pistons were very clean! no
carbon build up at all - so I concluded that if all the water did was to
keep the combustion chambers clean - it was worth while! - they work a
lot better without build up of any deposits!

Regards