[Diy_efi] PW Controlled Sequential Water Injection - It RUNS!

Gianmarco Rizzo (BE/EAS) gianmarco.rizzo at ericsson.com
Fri Oct 22 09:34:18 GMT 2004

 wrote:

> I am not an engineer, so i might be talking crap
> here, but according to what i have been reading
> around, it should be possible to run pretty lean A/F
> with just an half decent engine management, and
> without the complication of water injection.

At WOT under load?  Not without detonation, IME.

---> thats right. i meant at cruise. at WOT lean mixture is a no-no

> aircrafts engines are routinely run at lean of peak
> for hours without any problem whatsoever, as long as
> top power is not required.

Right.  That's the issue there.  In fact, I have a
number of wonderful articles about running LoP, which
is something that many pilots are taught will blow up
their engines.  John Deakin is a wise man.  :)

---> :-) he is indeed. i think i have those articles too. pelican's perk or something like that perhaps.

gm