[Diy_efi] Changing the fuel and spark on a Porsche

Brian MacKay brian.mackay at sympatico.ca
Sat Oct 23 01:49:27 GMT 2004

I have a friend to races a Porsche and while he knows a lot about cars, he
knows nothing about the guts of his EFI.  He insists on making major
mechanical changes to the engine and doesn't consider the fact that the
computer won't necessarily make good corrections.  He plans to turbo charge
the car and is assuming everything will be fine without modifying the
computer.

My background is that I regularly modify code and look up tables in my GM
ECM but I know nothing about Porsche stuff, like what processor is used,
does it use EPROMS, etc.  The car is a 1992 Porsche 968 therefore OBD-I.
Can anyone point me to any references or websites where I can learn more and
hopefully prevent him from blowing up another engine!

Thanks,

Brian