[Diy_efi] Help, putting a 4.3 TBI on a buick 3.8L V6

Chris Carson fastcarson at prodigy.net
Mon Oct 25 05:25:33 GMT 2004

The only G-bodies to get fuel injection were the 3.8 Turbo Buick (84-87) or
the 4.3 TBI Monte Carlos. And good luck finding a TR setup without giving up
your firstborn.
There is a MUCH BETTER alternative. What you should be looking for is an
80's "A-body"; that is, a FWD compact car like Cutlass Ciera, Buick Century,
Pontiac 6000, Celebrity. THESE CARS ARE ALL OVER THE JUNKYARDS!!! Starting
in 84, these came with MPFI 3.8s, and they went to SFI in 1986. The heads
and intake will definitely bolt onto any old 3.8, if not just the intake.
88 and up 3.8s are completely different and nothing interchanges with the
older style, this is the "3800" that everyone knows and loves.

Chris