[Diy_efi] Info on Mopar SCI was Mopar PCM

Wally Daniels wally.daniels at ns.sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 26 20:19:24 GMT 2004

--=======EDC6326=======

At 12:19 PM 26/10/04, you wrote:

>  Hmm... I bet the ones with SCI LOL...
>I'm not sure, because SCI is normally done with just a MAX-232 to convert to
>serial...

Hello Everyone in the group,

         I am in the process of retrofitting a 1988 vintage 318 with
Throttle Body Injection into a Bombardier Tracked
vehicle called a " Muskeg ". We have been using this vehicle to log with
and up till now had been using a Holley 2bbl
for carburetion. The big problem is that the vehicle sometimes has to work
at an attitude close to 45 deg and when this
happens, the float sticks and the vehicle stalls.

            With all of the recent discussion on Mopars, and with the ECU
internals I was hoping that you folks might
be able to point me to where I can find  info on the SCI interface /
protocol etc that would let one retrieve codes etc from the
diagnostic port.
             I am aware that I can using the ' flashing light ' method and
I have saved this part of the wiring harness to use
for that purpose. But having a hobby in MicroControllers and such, I would
like to cook up a device to read the codes
if I can.  Up till joining this group, I have not been able to find much in
the way of info on the pre-OBD controllers.

Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

Sincerely, Wally

---