[Diy_efi] Ford EEC?

Garrett P. Beauregard gpbeau at cox.net
Sat Sep 4 21:37:53 GMT 2004

Dan,

Thanks for the response. Here's my problem: the new engine is controlled
entirely by a Motec box but the original EEC still has most of its original
inputs (MAF, crank and cam sensors, cylinder head temp, oil pressure, etc.).
The engine runs fine and the dashboard gauges and controls are doing their
thing. BUT, the A/C compressor won't come on with the selector on A/C or Max
A/C. I've jumpered the clutch relay and it works and the air blows cold, so
the system is working. We cleared out all the DTCs and the A/C came on but
only for a minute or so before one of the DTCs popped up and the system shut
off.

I'm trying to find out if one of the EEC tuners (TwEECer) can be used to
force the system to allow the A/C on even with the DTCs active.

Thanks for any ideas you have.

Garrett