[Diy_efi] IAC Motor Wiring

clair.davis at charter.net clair.davis at charter.net
Mon Sep 6 16:15:43 GMT 2004

The Magnum IAC is a stepper motor design, unlike the earlier TBI parts.
This is a dry TB, part of the Magnum multiport arrangement.  I think I left
that tidbit out of my previous post.  I'm so used to thinking about my
particulars, I forget to explain what I'm doing some times...

'7730 multiport injection on Mopar M1 Magnum 4-bbl intake, majority GM
sensors, with some Mopar sensors where needed to work on the TB, Mopar fuel
rails, 24# injectors, Mopar locked (lean-burn) distributor feeding a GM
ignition module in a remote box.

Other than the connector on the end, and the way it mounts to the TB, the
Magnum IAC appears functionally identical to the IAC I have on my GM TB
(converted to dry from a 454 TBI application).  The "LT" engines' IACs
appear to be almost entirely identical to the Mopar part, but the wiring
doesn't seem to be the same.  I'm just wanting to find out if one of the
coils is responsible for extending the piston, the other for retracting, or
if they both do the same job...

Clair