[Gmecm] TPS Question for a 1986 Grand National

Fred Carrado Jr. fredc at moroso.com
Wed Aug 3 15:15:49 UTC 2005

Greetings  Everyone,

 The TPS on a Buick Grand Nation . Does any one know what value resistance
that is ?  Is there any resistor in series with wiper lead?

 The reason why I ask is becasue , I'm working on a project for my self . I
know the ECU is looking for ~ .40  to < 4.5 volts .

 But when I do a resistance check I get the following:

 At the idle posistion:

A to B = 5.98K ohms
B to C = 2.5 K  ohms
A to B =  4.14K ohms

In the WOT position :

 A to B = 2.5 K ohms
 B to C = 5.7K ohms
 A to C =4.15 K ohms

 This is measure in the car ,engine off and the wire harness unplugged , So
I am directly across the sensor it self.

 Is there a 2 K resistor in series with the wiper lead ?
 Or is the internal pot a 20 K with a 5K resistor in parallel with  A & B ?