[Gmecm] Idle problem

Darryl M Gilbert dgilbert78 at juno.com
Mon Aug 22 00:51:43 UTC 2005

--===============1841372775==

----__JNP_000_3dbe.470a.62c0

Hello: How low is the idle when the IAC is fully closed???
Darryl...

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 20:56:41 GMT "matthew10_5 at netzero.net"
<matthew10_5 at netzero.net> writes:

I have discovered that when the "CEL" flashes rapidly it means that the
Eprom has a problem. It could be a bad connection or even a bad burn.
Also an incorrect checksum does this. Okay back to the subjest.
My question is two fold. One, ( Using the 7747-mine.ecu to edit my bin) I
have been unable to bring my idle RPM down to 750. Every attribute that
deals with engine RPM on this TBI 305 has been set to around 750 RPM.
When the ECU enters the close loop mode the idle stays at 1000 RPM no
matter what is done. The butterfly are set correctly and the IAC sets
itself to around 30 to acheive 1000 RPM. Is there some other reason I
cannot control the Idle where I want it?
Question Two:  What is the  Differance between " VE as % {FL1} " and " VE
as% {FL2} "?
Thanks..Fred
----__JNP_000_3dbe.470a.62c0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>Hello: How low is the idle when the IAC is fully closed???</DIV>
<DIV>Darryl...</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 20:56:41 GMT "<A=20
href=3D"mailto:matthew10_5 at netzero.net">matthew10_5 at netzero.net</A>" &lt;<A=
=20
href=3D"mailto:matthew10_5 at netzero.net">matthew10_5 at netzero.net</A>&gt;=20
writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 10px; MARGIN-LEFT: 10px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px =
solid">
  <DIV><BR><BR><BR>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <P>I have discovered that when the "CEL" flashes rapidly it means that =
the=20
  Eprom has a problem. It could be a bad connection or even a bad burn. =
Also an=20
  incorrect checksum does this. Okay back to the subjest.</P>
  <P>My question is two fold. One, ( Using the 7747-mine.ecu to edit my bin=
) I=20
  have been unable to bring my idle RPM down to 750. Every attribute that =
deals=20
  with engine RPM on this TBI 305 has been set to around 750 RPM. When the =
ECU=20
  enters the close loop mode the idle stays at 1000 RPM no matter what is =
done.=20
  The butterfly are set correctly and the IAC sets itself to around 30 to=20
  acheive 1000 RPM. Is there some other reason I cannot control the Idle =
where I=20
  want it? </P>
  <P>Question Two:&nbsp; What is the&nbsp; Differance between " VE as % {=
FL1} "=20
  and " VE as% {FL2} "?</P>
  <P>Thanks..Fred</P>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

----__JNP_000_3dbe.470a.62c0--