[Diy_efi] Wide band sensor (2)

Mike niche at iinet.net.au
Mon Aug 22 06:11:54 UTC 2005

At 01:01 PM 8/22/05, you wrote:
>--- Diesel Services <dsl at airnet.net.nz> wrote:
>
>> Can I use a wide band O2 sensor on a diesel to
>> measure air fuel ratio?
>
>I'm sort of curious as to why you would want to...

Range, upper and lower might not be in existing band
under all driving conditions... (pretty obvious to me;)

>As long as you knew what AFR was proportional to what
>lambda measurement, I don't see why not...  However, I
>can't really think of a reason you'd want to measure it.

Did that slap to your forehead you made some time back
suspend the cognition of control system excursions ?

Maybe he is exercising his interest by wanting to find out,
its certainly a useful paradigm in any branch of technical
study to explore different instrumentation, any reliance one
has on one type of instrument with all its inherent errors
is somewhat one dimensional in any investigative approach
for the purpose of increasing knowledge and experience...

Hey Adam, you worked out how air/fuel gets into the greenfire
sparkplug yet, or are you following a different paradigm  ?

<chuckle>

Rgds

Mike

>| Honda GL500 Interstate (Slug)    Kawasaki Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
>| "It was like an emergency ward after a great catastrophe; it  |
>|   didn't matter what race or class the victims belonged to.   |
>|  They were all given the same miracle drug, which was coffee. |
>|   The catastrophe in this case, of course, was that the sun   |
>|     had come up again."                    -Kurt Vonnegut     |
>| M/C Fuel Inj. Hndbk. @ Amazon.com -  http://tinyurl.com/6o3ze |

Regards from

Mike Massen
Perth, Western Australia
VL Commodore Fuse Rail that wont warp or melt !
http://niche.iinet.net.au