[Diy_efi] FW: anwer to Facundo Lozano Ureta

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet at arm.com
Wed Aug 24 14:49:01 UTC 2005

>>From a subscriber who's having problems posting at the moment...=20

-----Original Message-----
From: mazon08 at free.fr [mailto:mazon08 at free.fr]=20
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 8:18 AM
To: sravet at diy-efi.org
Subject: anwer to Facundo Lozano Ureta

Ren=E9

-----

Le Mardi 23 Ao=FBt 2005 16:07, Facundo Lozano Ureta a =E9crit :

There might be another posibility:
in some european car (Peugeot-Citroen), the manufacturer uses a Bosch =
EFI for
a TBI system which I had once to repair, thus I had to analyse the =
operation of
the system

the system has
- no gas pressure control (only a regulation valve, whiwh return fuel to =
the
tank above specified threshold)
- air and engine temperature sensors
- throttle position sensor by potentiometer
-no air flow sensor (the computer knows the air amount with the RPM =
value, the
throttle position and the air temperature)
- one rotation/cranking position sensor
- one electric gas pump output
- one injector command
- two spark coils commands (for 4-cyl distributorless engine)
this is a basic -but fully operational system, compatible with european
emission rules
I made a complete report of the investigations done in this case

Now, to your problem: the system works like this (and I hope it helps =
you)

before cranking, at power on
1 computer energizes the fuel pump for , say 5 seconds, then stops (it =
assumes
obviously that there is acceptable leakage in the regulator valve, in =
the
injector and in the hoses)
2 computer waits the time needed until it sees an engine rotation (you =
can
make the engine turn with cranking motor or by pushing the car - your =
choice)
detection of rotation is made only by the rotation coil
3 once rotation is detected, the computer energizes again the fuel pump =
(for all
the time it sees the engine rotation), energizes also the spark coil and =
the
injector circuit

possible similar case
I had during the 200 000 + km story of that car (who continues his =
active life)
a sensor problem
the rotation sensor is made of a coil and a magnet. It is then sensitive =
the air gap to the rotating wheel and to a possible partial internal =
shortage
what happened: the cranking became increasingly difficult I had to push =
the
car with higher speed every day, If I release the throttle, the engine
stalled suddenly at a more higher rpm every day, above this value it ran
correctly
to confirm the assertion, I slightly put a shock ( I already suspected =
the coil
to be changed) on the sensor in order to slightly decrease the gap, it =
worked a
bit, showing the sensitivity of the sensor. Changing the sensor resolved =
totally
the case
note that at such an end of life, the sensor might also be more =
sensitive to
its temperature

Hope this helps your understanding, and maybe solve the problem

> The pump stat for 2 seconds, wen the engine start the pump start =
again.
> Vaccum leaks I will check
>
> Tanks

TBI