[Diy_efi] TurboCad, mech dwgs from ppl on this group ?

Bernd Felsche bernie
Thu Aug 4 15:08:31 UTC 2005

On Thursday 04 August 2005 22:25, Mike wrote:
> Never heard of this program, good idea, I will look out for it  :)

> Hey, you still got the golf with the timing issue (?), I cant recall if

Still got the Golf. The timing issue is that the engine management
system aggressively backs off on the timing when it senses knock.
That car is now my own car as I have a different one for work.

> you said you'd fitted the cap you picked up from me, if you didnt
> use it, can I drop by one day and get it back, I think mine got stressed
> when I tested it on a leakage tester and might need to swap  :(

I used it and it didn't seem to make any difference. So I took it
back off.

I'll see if your cap. is stored where I think I left it; in the car.

> You no longer self employed, I still am, its a bit of a bugger, ups
> and downs with knobs on, but lots of activity with little profit  ?

Still self-employed. My company bought a new Golf TDI last month;
just to cut down on fuel bills. I've been flat-out since mid-2003.
Not had a break since November of that year. The curse of success
(touch wood).

Profit can be a dangerous thing, so I try to make sure that there
isn't any on paper.

> Recall you had a web site with a EFI schema, have you dropped
> that and moved on ?

http://bernd.felsche.org

It's not "dropped" as such. I just haven't worked on it for a couple
of years now.

The GTI is garaged elsewhere until my new garage/workshop is built.
Hopefully by September. Only then can do I have a chance of spending
some spare minutes on the project(s).