[Diy_efi] Vortec 4200 Inline 6 ECM - Twin Turbo -

Rausch, Bernd br
Fri Aug 19 06:48:46 UTC 2005

I did not follow the complete discussion, but if you are doing an engine conversion you might want to look at the Nissan VQ35DE engine. It is a modern and light V6 3,5L 24V, responds very good to boost and there are a lot of parts available. This engine is in the 2002+ Nissan Pathfinder and 350Z, where it has about 280hp na. These engines are available for about $1000-$1500.
Regards,
Berns

________________________________

Von: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org im Auftrag von jb
Gesendet: Fr 19.8.2005 04:46
An: hh7x at verizon.net; diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Betreff: Re: [Diy_efi] Vortec 4200 Inline 6 ECM - Twin Turbo -

one of the reasons i was thinking about the 4.2L is that it makes
pretty good power with only 6 cylinders.  granted, 4.2 liters is
pretty hefty still, but 275hp aint too shabby.  that in mind, its not
enough for my 74 nova.  so, i thought to myself, why not turbo it?
the problem i see with that is the compression.  holy crap, i dont see
how they got away with 10:1 in teh first place, but add some boost and
it doesnt sound good.  so, did they have to port heads, add thicker
head gaskets, change pistons, what?  if the latter, then where would
you find such?  or is it a standard bore that would use pistons from
another engine?  hmm... it would seem taht im getting off the subject
of this list a little, but i woudl also need to know how the ecm would
have to be changed to accomodate boost.